Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Paper Source" Inspired Wreath

CraftGossip

I love Paper Source. It's like a candy store of papers. But just like a candy store, I can't have everything in it. Well I could, but I don't think I'd feel too good after! So while in there the other day, their wreath kits caught my eye but being "us", I also had that moment of ( stealing this from my friend Christine @ Christine & Co) ICTMTM ( I Can Totally Make That Myself) or at least a version of it. Here's one of theirs:
which sells for $19.50. That's a lot of candy, I mean paper, for me. I didn't necessarily want an exact replica but I liked the idea. So I went to my cardboard stash ( recycled cereal boxes) for a base:
and cut out two "wreath forms" which I stuck together for stability. Then I went to my candy paper stash and chose the papers I wanted:
I cut my papers into 4x5 pieces and then folded in half down the longer side using my bone folder . I drew a holly shape freehand and cut out the leaves. I think I cut out 18. Then I started hot gluing them to my wreath form:
and went around until I filled the wreath form. For the "berries" I punched out gold circles from some scrap cardstock and glued some even with the leaves and used foam dots to give some dimension to others and finished with some gold adhesive rhinestones:
I haven't decided whether to hang this or leave it on my mantel where it is now so I didn't put a ribbon on it. And while my leaves are bigger than the Paper Source Wreath , I think it works?  

Linking Up At:
504 Main

19 comments:

Unknown said...

how cute! =) great DIY!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Very cute! I love the ICTMTM syndrome. It makes life more fun! :)

Michelle L. said...

I LOVE this! It is waaaay prettier than theirs. And not exclusively Christmas, you can display it permanently. One of the prettiest things about it: the foam dot berries. I think it's such an original wreath, am quite taken with it as you may be able to tell.

Anonymous said...

love this...
you can display it year round
and it looks much prettier than theirs :)
nice choice of candy (er i mean paper}
~victoria~

. said...

I think it's adorable! :)

Melissa said...

It definitely works!! I like it much better than inspiration wreath.

Netty said...

way to go girl with those cereal packets, great recycling. Annette x

Carol said...

Your wreath looks great!

carol

lindalou said...

I actually like your version better. Again...something I might be able to do as well. You are such a great resource.

Christine said...

So terrific! I'm telling you that syndrome is a gift! Thanks for the mention my friend :)!

Holly Lefevre said...

LOVE IT! I like your version even better - great colors.

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Love it!! I'm with everyone else... I like your version better!

Thanks for linking up!

Leah Ketchum said...

Unique, Love it!

The Single Nester said...

I really love the non-Christmasy colors you chose. Very modern.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I featured your project! :) http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/12/christmas-party-features.html

Amanda said...

Just dropping by to let you know that I linked to this post in a round up today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) This will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-christmas-holly-craft-ideas/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Lynn said...

I too saw that wreath at Paper Source which is a truly heavenly place. Yum Yum! But like you I can't have everything I want either. Thank you for sharing your idea. And I never thought about saving cereal boxes for things like this. Glad I found your site. I saw this on Craft Gossip's blog. Lynn

Fangyaya said...

ray ban pas cher
ghd hair straighteners
coach outlet
coach factory outlet
gucci outlet online
insanity workout
cheap true religion
oakley sunglasses
ugg uk
fitflop sandals
oakley vault
seattle seahawks jerseys
louis vuitton
ray ban sonnenbrille
nba jerseys
montblanc pens
jordan concords
adidas originals
true religion outlet
true religion outlet
ralph lauren home
polo ralph lauren
louis vuitton canada
ugg outlet
fitflops sale
moncler outlet
cheap toms shoes
oakley outlet
ralph lauren sale
timberland boots
20160906

Unknown said...

The Tennessee Titan Flag is viewable from both sides with the opposite side being a reverse image.Fly your Tennessee Titan Flag with our tailgate pole or 6' aluminum flagpole and adjustable flag bracket.nfl house divided flags
dallas cowboys american flagSeattle Seahawks house divided flags
Washington Redskins house divided flags