Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dollar Tree Washer Charm Bracelet Tutorial


I thought I'd share a project I made for a guest post I did the other day at the blog


I was honored when Bella invited me over to guest post! One of the things I love most about blogging is how supportive and helpful bloggers are to each other.

oneprettything
Washer Charm Bracelet
Washer Charm Bracelet (2)

Like so many of us creative bloggers, I’d be lost without The Dollar Tree! I go there at least once a week just to walk the aisles and see what I might find. Last time I was there I found this pack of washers.

Dollar Tree Washers

I had some chain on hand in my jewelry making stash:
Blue Mountain Natural Elegance Chain
I got mine at JoAnn’s but you can get this or similar many places. I measured off two lengths bracelet size. I attached the two chains to either side of a toggle clasp using jump rings.
IMG_5249
Then I went to work on my  washer charms.

I made sets of small, medium, and large based on the size of the washers, putting a jump ring on each:
Washer Charms
On the small ones, I put one of the smallest washers on either side. Then I just started adding these to the chain, eyeballing the spacing but not being overly precise.

It doesn’t matter which of the chains you attach your washer charms to. It all kinda blends.

If you haven’t ever made jewelry, don’t be intimidated. Working with chain is very forgiving and there are tons of  instructions out there. Here’s a video on how to open / close a jump ring and once you do that, you can open / close the links of chain…same principle.
Washer Charm Bracelet (2)

Linking Up At:


UndertheTableandDreaming






Photobucket




20 comments:

Screaming Sardine said...

That is SO pretty. I've been wanting to get into jewelry making, but do feel a bit intimidated by it. But this looks simple enough for me...if I don't get too frustrated with doing all the little linky thingies!

Cheers,
Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

Christine said...

I love this! I think I have everything to make one--yay!!!

AsylumTanya said...

My first job was at a hardware store. I love this bracelet! Seeing it brought back a lot of memories of my growing up years. I will definitely make one for myself. Thanks!

Holly Lefevre said...

That is beyond awesome. I love it - you a one clever lady (I already knew that1)

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

This is beyond awesome... I am super intimidated in terms of making jewelry but might give this a try.

Pam said...

Nice...I made a necklace like this, but if you will had some beads it will really pop.

Grammy Goodwill said...

You did a great job. It looks beautiful.

Linda said...

That is adorable! thanks for sharing.

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love this shiny silver braclet. Absolutely love that you used washers in it too. I should make one! My dad asks me on occation to help him fix machinery and such...I've always though there had to be a fun way to use washers. :)

All Things Fee said...

Easy and awesome! How fun!


Would love for you to share at my new link party!
http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/04/want-to-party.html

Life in Rehab said...

This is a very cool bracelet! I'll be on the lookout for those washers next time.

Naturally Me Creations said...

This turned out cute...who'd a thunk it? (with the washers & all, hehe) I also like the chain that you use, it looks pretty!

Unknown said...

The bracelet turned out great, something I could definately wear. :)
Thank you for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash this past week. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your charming craft. Tomorrow is another blog bash, please drop by & share more of your inspiring ideas!

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! I'm off to raid my hubbies tool chest!!

extreme personal measures said...

I really love this bracelet! Great idea! In fact, I scheduled a mini feature of it at Extreme Personal Measures.
for this afternoon!
Denise
Extreme Personal Measures

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Hi, I featured this on my blog today. Grab a button from the side bar if you wish.

Unknown said...

Wow! this is a great idea. totally cute! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Jane's Jewels said...

Superb use of washers, never thught of using them myself, but this looks great. I will go buy myself some on my next days off I think. Thanks for sharing x

Shannon said...

I finally made this today. I didn't have enough chain to make it double so I used some eye pins and made links with pearls and metal roses. I love it. Thanks for sharing this project plus I have lots of washers leftover.