Thursday, May 17, 2012

BFF Open House Link Party #53 and BFF Decorating Cents!

Thrilled as I am to have College Boy home, I wish he’d come back without bringing whatever was going around his dorm with him. He managed to avoid it , but all roads lead to mom. So, my creative endeavors this week have consisted of choosing between the green and blue cold medicines and looking at the pretty colors on the tea box. Enough of my whining.

Photobucket

This week, I’d like to introduce you to BFF Andrea from Decorating Cents where you might guess, she blogs about decorating on a budget. You’d never guess “budget” from seeing the end results. You may remember her starburst mirror from last week’s party:



She made this from paint stirrers from Home Depot! And she did the wall behind it.

Want to be really impressed? Check out Andrea’s made over kitchen complete with painted cabinets!

If you’re up for a big challenge like this, Andrea’s got a great tutorial here.

If you’d like to try a little less daunting idea, you can see how Andrea made these great paper mache letters for her kitchen

and I don’t mean she found them at the craft store and covered them. I mean she MADE the letters herself. Go see.

Oh and that backsplash? Yup. She and her husband did that too. I hope you’ll pop over to Decorating Cents and pay Andrea a visit. When she’s not busy doing incredible projects like the ones above, she’s busy being a wife and mom.

So what’s everyone been up to this week? You know the rules:
link party rules-001

12 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Thanks for hosting!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Thank you for hosting!

Karyn said...

Hi Carol, I shared some wonderful chocolate treats with you this week. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting this Carol, and for sharing Andrea's tutorial for painted kitchen cabinets too! Loved it! (And pinned it!)

Back for Seconds said...

Aww, feel better soon sweetie!
Thanks for the party :)

Netty said...

Loving the makes you have shown and hope you feel better soon Carol, xx

SLMPetersen said...

I just love linking up! This is such a great place to find new ideas and share my own.

Simply AJ said...

Thanks for hosting! Hope you are feeling better. AJ@queenofmynest

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been kinda quiet lately but recently have swung back into full-steam-ahead mode - I linked up my post on various pin cushions styles I've been making. Thanks so much for hostessing! Hugs ~ Mary

Michelle L. said...

Ooh, I hope you're feeling better! Your 'creative endeavors' made me laugh. Thanks for a new party, my dear C!

Mandy said...

Thank you for hosting. Hope you are feeling better.

cgammeter said...

Hi Carol, I haven't made it to your party in a while, but I'm here today. I put your link under my post. Thanks for having me. Have a great weekend.